Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tasting- Chateau Poyanne

This Chateau Poyanne is a 2011 from Cotes de Bourg, Bordeaux France, varietal of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot priced at $5.99. Review by Soursmashed, "the worldwide leader in wine + spirits reviews":
"hateau Poyanne Cotes de Bourg is a blended red wine from the Bordeaux region in France. I like to think of Bordeaux as that happy land full of nothing but delicious wines. Usually, that is the case. When I picked up this bottle of Chateau Poyanne Cotes de Bourg from Trader Joe’s, I hoped that I would not be disappointed. The low price tag was somewhat a worry, but if anyone could have delicious wine from Bordeaux for only $7, it would be Trader Joe’s. With some reservations, I got to drinking.
The Chateau Poyanne Cotes de Bourg is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. This creates a rich, full bodied wine that stands up to almost any wine pairing. My favorite, of course, is a nice, juicy rib eye. The wine ends with such a nice finish that you can’t help but want more.
I am definitely a fan of Chateau Poyanne Cotes de Bourg. In the sub $10 price range, it is hard (though not impossible) to find something from Bordeaux that tastes this good. I am definitely going back for a few more bottles!"

I thought it smelt of moderate oak, fine tannins with the look of a medium light garnite color. It tasted of cassis with a very strong acid backbone, and slightly vegital on the after taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment